USGA Handicap Program
WGANJ encourages members to establish a USGA handicap index. A handicap index enables you to track improvements in your golf game and compete in events with players of different abilities.
How Do I know if I'm ready to establish my USGA Handicap Index?
Are you counting every stroke and penalty?
Do you plan to track your progress and game growth?
Are you ready to follow tournament rules in competitions?
Are you planning to participate in competitions during this season?
How Do I Sign Up And Begin To Establish My USGA Handicap Index?
It’s Easy – just follow these simple steps!
- Complete the USGA/GHIN registration. Last day to register is August 15, 2019.
- Handicap Registration is NOT available for beginners or Advanced Beginners.
- If this is a first time registration you will be informed of your GHIN # and instructions on how to post scores. If this is a renewal, your same GHIN will be activated.
- Play golf and enter scores via the Internet or at any golf course that provides USGA handicap input.
- Sign up on the GHIN website to receive email notifications at revision periods (usually every two weeks) of changes to your Handicap Index.
- Use your Handicap Index when playing in golfing events and to track your improvement.
- Win Prizes in WGANJ events!